Monday 9 September 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup

Today's post is something I am really excited about! As I mentioned previously, I love Urban Decay - always have, always will - and I've been wanting to try this product out since it was released, but have always been put off by the "light coverage" description that it has been given. I have quite a lot of issues in terms of scars, redness, and all that fun stuff, so light coverage is something I tend to stay away from.


Eventually I gave in and purchased their Naked Skin Liquid Makeup. As with all Urban Decay products, the packaging is gorgeous, though quite impractical due to the size and extra plastic. The pump is very nice, controllable and hasn't gotten too messy so far!


The shade I got is 1.0, which is the lightest yellow-toned shade. Shades ending in .0 are yellow toned, and .5 are pink. This shade matches me very well, which is surprising as I am very fair skinned. I would say that this foundation is actually medium coverage, but feels like a light coverage foundation. It covers everything necessary for me, and it feels lovely.



The foundation itself is very thin and watery. It can get messy, but I like this because it makes it very easy to blend a very thin layer over the skin, and therefore does not look cakey at all! I have very oily skin with the occasional dry patch, and this doesn't enhance either of those skin issues. I do have to set it with powder - I use a very light layer of MAC Studio Fix - but it lasts all day on me, which is perfect!

Overall, this foundation has become my new favourite, and I will definitely be taking this on holiday to Tenerife next week!

Available on Debenhams for £27



No comments:

Post a Comment